Mind your own BISCUITS & life will be GRAVY!
It is no surprise that we go to Cracker Barrel every weekend for breakfast. It’s those biscuits that keep us coming back! But with the snow and everything, I attempted to bring Cracker Barrel to our home without the use of DoorDash. I have developed a FANTASTIC biscuit recipe that makes me question where Cracker Barrel lies not the “Best Biscuits Ever” scale. They are so good, my family constantly requests them & I can’t stop eating them. It would be a sin if this Southern girl didn’t have a biscuit recipe after all!
And you know what’s even better: this recipe only calls for FOUR INGREDIENTS! And those 4 are usually ingredients you keep in your pantry at all times. Not to mention, it takes only 15 minutes or so to prep, so the process is easy and seamless! You’re gonna wanna make these for your family!
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Mix 2 cups of flour and sugar in a medium bowl with a whisk until well combined.
- Using a cheese grater, shred 4.5 tbsp of the stick of butter into the flour mixture. Mix until the mixture looks grainy.
- Add milk and mix until dough pulls away from the bowl. The dough should be slightly sticky.
- Flour a clean, dry surface. Place dough on surface and fold using your hands 4 to 6 times, pressing down each time. Do this until dough is smooth.
- Spread dough using your hands and fingers to about 3/4-1 inch thickness. Cut into circles using cookie cutter or even a glass cup (approx. 2.5 inches in diameter), which is what I use.
- Bake biscuits on foil-lined pan that is covered in non-stick cooking spray for 14-16 minutes total. About 6 minutes into baking, take the remaining butter and melt in microwave. Brush the butter on top of the biscuits, coating generously. Continue to bake the biscuits until they are golden brown.