In the summer, it is so easy to get a tan. Whether you’re on the beach soaking up the rays or spending a nice afternoon at the park, it is so easy to get some Vitamin D. But in the winter months, where the sun never appears and the temperatures don’t rise above 30 degrees, you are usually stuck looking pasty and pale. However, thanks to Sun Tan City, I am able to get that “summer glow” all year long. With their VersaSpa spray tans, I am able to healthily get tan without needing the sun and warm temps.
I highly recommend the spray booths at Sun Tan City. They are always clean, easy to use, and provide a lasting tan and a glow that you can’t get from the sun. I have been using them on a weekly basis for years now and have learned some ticks and tricks along the way.
- Exfoliate– It is important to exfoliate your skin before getting a spray tan. You can do this at home with an exfoliating sponge or a sugar scrub. This will remove all the dead skin and prior spray tans (if you are a regular-goer) and create a fresh, clean template for the spray.
- No lotions or oils– Make sure not to apply lotions or oils to your skin the day of your spray. This will act as a barrier to the spray and now allow it to soak to your skin properly, causing an uneven tan.
- Primers– I love to use a primer before spraying. And my favorite is the Amplify Ultra Vivid Spray-On Primer. It is quick, easy to apply, and smells amazing!
- No shower!– Be sure not to shower for at least 4-6 hours AFTER your spray tan. This will allow the tan to hit its optimal color. I like to spray at night, that way it gives the tan ample time to soak in. The longer you wait to shower- the better!!
- Washing Hands– One of the number one complaints of a spray tan are the orange hands it gives you. But I have found that if you wash your hands right after the spray, it will prevent that and still give you the glow you need on your arms.
*This is a sponsored post brought to you by Sun Tan City. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.*
Photos by Rayna Paige Photography.
Leave a Reply