Valentine’s Day is such a fun holiday. And no matter what relationship status you’re in, you can find a way to make this day special. Whether it’s with your lover, best gal pal, or kiddos, Valentine’s is full of love!
One of my favorite memories with Josh is having our Valentine’s date at home one year. Josh was working that day, as well as the weekend after. So it was going to be impossible to go out and have a manageable date night. So, I decided to make our date night at home. I made an entire spread- steaks, lobster tails, baked potatoes, champagne, strawberry cupcakes, and everything in between all within a decked-out tablescape with hearts, rose, and balloons galore. And it was a huge success!!
Ever since then, I’ve made it a point to decorate for this day of hearts and include some sort of themed-goodies throughout this time of year.This year, with the help of Kroger, I decided to have a little fun and make a heart-shaped dinner party, with our favorites: pizza and chocolate!
With some cookie cutters and some pre-made dough, I crafted up the CUTEST little mini pizzas. And yes, those pepperonis are heart-shaped too. They are super easy (and cheap) to make, only taking about 30 minutes for prep and baking. Plus they went over super well at my house- the hubby will eat any type of pizza. And if you have kiddos, this would be the PERFECT Valentine’s Day activity- dinner AND some fun. Below are the recipes.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 can "Ready to Bake" Pizza Dough
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 package Large, Thin Pepperonis
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray for baking.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, begin cutting hearts out from the dough and place on the baking sheet.
- Brush olive oil over black heart dough cutouts.
- Spoon the pizza sauce over the tops of each heart and top with shredded cheese.
- For extra fun, using a mini heart-shaped cookie cutter, begin cutting hearts out of the pepperonis and place 3 on the individual pizzas. Garnish with Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the pizzas are golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Best served warm and with extra love.
You can’t have pizza without something sweet afterwards. And chocolate-covered strawberries are PERFECT for this holiday. An elegant treat that both your hubby and kiddos will enjoy. That being said, there is no need to over-spend on these decadent treats when you can make them on your own. Just purchase a package of fresh strawberries and Dolci Frutta hard shell meltable chocolate from any grocery store (Kroger, Walmart, etc.) and you’re ready to rock. For under $7, you simply melt the chocolate in the microwave and dip the strawberries directly from the package the chocolate came in. It is super easy, cheap, and tasty. I always do this as a perfect dessert for all my parties. It is a high-class hospitality trick that doesn’t take too much from your time or pocketbook- and everyone will love it! (P.S. to add the extra pop- bedazzle the freshly-dipped strawberries with festive sprinkles!)
|Prep Time||2 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- Wash berries and pat dry. Keep dry! Moisture will thicken chocolate.
- Remove lid and seal of chocolate shell.
- Microwave in container at 1/2 power (Medium heat)
- Stir at 30 second intervals during microwaving until fully melted & smooth: about 2 minutes (melted chocolate retains shape until stirred). Dolci Frutta melts quickly & scorches easily.
- Dip fruit by stem or with fork & place on parchment paper to allow to cool until hardened.
- While chocolate is still melted, dash sprinkles on dipped strawberries as desired.
- Serve within 24 hours for best results.
I love seeing when remakes of the recipes I post. If you decide to try these out, be sure to tag me on your posts!
Happy Valentine’s Day. <3
Leave a Reply