This year’s Kentucky Derby may look a little different, but I am still dressing the part while watching the races from home. Being born and raised in Kentucky, we have always celebrated the Derby like a holiday, and I’m not letting this year change that.
So let’s talk about fashion! Derby style is all about being bold: bold colors, prints, patterns, AND headpieces. The headpiece is always the focal point of every Derby outfit. I am a big fan of fascinators, but hats are just as fabulous! Because we are in the South, we like our fascinators or hats to be BIG. Because of that, I like to wear a classic pair of earrings to neutralize the headpiece, while making a statement. Kendra Scott has the best pieces that are perfect for any derby look. They are timeless, amazing quality, and beyond classy.
| OUTFIT DETAILS |
Dress: NastyGal | Earrings: Kendra Scott | Fascinator: Local Boutique, but similar HERE and HERE | Shoes: Steve Madden at DSW (Similar at Target) | Bracelet: Amazon | Lip: Kylie Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lipstick & MAC Lip Liner Soar
For this first look, I am pairing this simple baby blue dress from NastyGal with a fun, magenta fascinator. Because I love Kendra Scott so much, I added the Alex gold drop earrings in Ivory Pearl. The Ivory Pearl color is so great, because it goes with everything. And I love the pop of gold- it brings a sense of class that ties the entire look- making me feel ready to be virtually trackside.
I’m tagging lots of my favorite Kendra picks for Derby below.
I am teaming up with Kendra Scott to give back this Derby season. You can shop these Derby jewels and other AND 20% of all sales will go back to Norton Children’s Hospital when you use promo code GIVEBACK8922 at checkout. This promotion is also applicable in stores! If you are local and want to shop at the Oxmoor store, be sure mention this post at checkout to apply the promotion. It’s the best of both worlds- shopping for yourself, all while giving back to a great cause!
Kendra Scott Virtual Event with Type A Style
- When: August 30-31 *shoppers can shop in person August 30th if they are local and want to shop in person!
- Where: Kendra Scott Oxmoor Center August 30th
- 7900 Shelbyville Rd b-10, Louisville, KY 40222
- OR online at www.kendrascott.com
- What: 20% of sales go back to Norton Children’s from the Derby Type A Style Digital Campaign. All purchases should be made on www.kendrascott.com with code GIVEBACK8922 or mention this giveback in-store on August 30th!
BUT THERE IS MORE!
Follow the steps below to be entered to win!
- Follow me and Kendra Scott on Instagram
- Tag a friend in my latest Instagram post
- Head to Kendra Scott and use code GIVEBACK8922 to purchase your Derby look and 20% of proceeds will go back to the hospital (can also be applied in store)
- DM me proof of purchase
So while you are shopping for your Derby Day outfits, be sure to grab a piece or two from Kendra Scott to complete your look, all while helping the awesome Norton Children’s Hospital.
And as always, be sure to tag me in your Derby-inspired outfits on Instagram.
***This is a sponsored post brought to you by Kendra Scott. The opinions are completely my own and based on my experience.